Monday, August 27, 2007

The best music ever recorded

I'm a music person. Not a musicAL person, mind you, but a music person. I do play piano, but it's been many many years since I've been able to spend any time playing. And I don't sing. Period.

But I love to listen to music. I love to have it on in the background. I like a variety of different types of music. In the coming months, I am excited to listen to Christmas music again. I think it's my favorite, but Ben won't listen to it any earlier than the end of Thanksgiving dinner.

I recently found a new (to me) radio station here in Cleveland that I have just fallen in love with. It's WKHR FM 91.5: Keeping your memories alive. It's got great music from the first half of last century: Bing, Rosemary, Frank, Ella, Louis, all the greats. It's fabulous music to just put on in the background, whether I'm cooking, reading, have company over, or just doing housework. Even thought it's all very much before my time (and in some cases even before my parents' time), I'm falling in love with this music the more I listen to it.

Just wanted to share.

No comments: