What is your husband's name?
Benjamin Pack Nutter
How long did you date?
Our first date was June 18th, we were married on December 28th of the same year. If you ask him that simple question though, his answer will be "Not long enough."
How old is he?
26, with a birthday in May
Who eats more?
Well, since I'm pregnant, I think that automatically defaults to me. Normally though, I'm honestly not sure. He doesn't eat a lot in one sitting, but he does snack a lot.
Who said "I love you" first?
I did. His response was "Well, who wouldn't?"
Who's taller?
This one's easy. He is -- by a good nine inches.
Who can sing better?
Another easy one. My family definitely does not have the singing gene. Ben has a nice bass voice.
Who is smarter?
Depends on how you ask the question. Ben is certainly more educated, with Bachelor and Masters degrees. I have heard him tell people (more than once) though, that I am "the smartest person you'll ever meet who never went to college." That's not an entirely accurate statement, though. I did go to college, but I only have about a year's worth of credits (I did a few trimesters off and on at a community college, so I'm not sure exactly how much). I often feel like he's a LOT smarter, but part of that is the formal education.
Who does the laundry?
Depends on who runs out of clothes first.
Who pays the bills?
Ben does. He literally writes out the checks, etc. For the first year and a half (up until our move to Cleveland), I was earning the money, though. Now it's mostly him.
Who sleeps on the right side?
Well, I'm more prone to grumpiness than he is, so I suppose that means I sleep on the wrong side more often.
Who mows the lawn?
He does, although lately we haven't seen our lawn for all the snow.
Who cooks dinner?
I do. Ben makes breakfast and lunch.
Who drives?
Ben takes public transportation to work, and I take the car, but whenever we go anywhere together, he drives. About a year or more ago, when I was driving to work all the time, and he was walking to school every day, he told me that his driving was actually getting a lot worse because he was never driving anymore. So now he drives whenever we go out together.
Who is more stubborn?
I am. Definitely me. My dad tells a story of when I was two or three years old, and kept reaching for something on the coffee table that I had been told not to touch. He repeatedly smacked my hand lightly with two fingers, telling me "No" each time, while carrying on a conversation with his dad. I kept reaching for whatever-it-was, and he kept tapping my hand, telling me "no." This went on for 45 minutes before I finally gave up. Yeah, I'm definitely the more stubborn one.
Who kissed who first?
Ben kissed me, but I planned it (he didn't know that at the time). We went to Six Flags New England on the 4th of July with a couple of friends. We were on the ferris wheel between sundown and fireworks, and he kissed me while we were stopped at the top, just like I wanted. I think he did it more to distract himself from the fact that he was hovering hundreds of feet in the air than for any other reason.
Who asked who out first?
I'm not sure on this. Technically Ben asked me first, but I kind-of baited him into it.
Who proposed?
Ben did. At the Boston Museum of Science, where we had gone on our first date.
Who has more friends?
I do, but I'm naturally a much more social and outgoing person than Ben is. He's definitely an introvert.
Who is more sensitive?
Ben is sensitive to my needs (most of the time), but if you're talking about emotionally sensitive, that would be me.
Who had more siblings?
Ben -- four to my two.
Who wears the pants?
Well, Ben's legs are awfully hairy and wouldn't look that great in a dress.
Miscellaneous fun facts:
- Ben twitches as he falls asleep. Sometimes he twitches violently enough to wake himself up. I usually laugh at him when he does.
- He loves seafood, especially lobster, but won't eat it. He lived his whole life in Maine, and now can't bring himself to pay outside-of-Maine prices for not-fresh fish.
- He doesn't like cheesecake, potatoes, or white rice.
- He served his mission in Kiev, Ukraine. He was assigned to speak Ukrainian, but had to pick up some Russian while he was there. He doesn't really speak Russian, but he can understand it. He pronounces "Kiev" like "keeve" -- the Ukrainian pronunciation, and always clarifies that it's just "Ukraine," not "The Ukraine."
- He owns every Dave Matthews (or Dave Matthews Band) CD ever put out, except for any released since "Busted Stuff" in 2002 (he just hasn't picked them up since then).
- In the movie of our lives, he says that he would play himself and Julia Stiles would play me -- he thinks she's a terrible actress, but likes to watch her movies on mute.
- He hates going to dances but loves ballroom dancing.

1 comment:
Firstly I am not local and I am not family. So you first comment doesn't pertain to me. The other thing I wanted to comment on was yes I do believe Ben is a better singer, and I have never even heard him sing. ;) Christmas Caroling was toucher with you. Though I still love you, I just never want to go caroling with you again.
Post a Comment