I figure it's about time to share with you where I get some of my laughs on a daily basis that keep me sane. I've got a few funny sites up my sleeve.
First is the English Fail Blog. Many of you may be familiar with simple FailBlog, but I found the other one first. That's the only reason I read the "english" one...I found it before I found the plain-jane version. (First of all, if you're not familiar with the "fail" phenomenon, or correct usage of the expression, please read here.) English Fail Blog posts pictures of "fails" -- misspellings, incorrect grammar uses, and sometimes sheer stupidity. It's good for a laugh.
Next is Glitter Gone Bad. Many people are familiar with the Cake Wrecks blog (which I really don't find very funny, actually...it's boring to me). Well, this is the craft version. Crafts gone horribly wrong.
One of my favorites is church-related. Overheard in the Ward posts funny anecdotes and slips of the tongue that have been heard at church. Sometimes it is "out of the mouths of babes," but not always.
That's Punny! appeals to my inner nerd. They post pictures of punnily named businesses or signs, like a hair salon called Curl Up and Dye.
This week I added The 9th Ward to my funny subscriptions. It's more LDS humor...cartoons, primarily.
The first funny site I really subscribed to was The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks. They post funny pictures of quotations that have been improperly and unnecessarily used. They also give humorous commentary as to the interpretation and meaning of the phrases in quotes.
Enjoy your new-found funnies!
1 comment:
Did you submit that homemade tampon? Oh my gosh, I could die.
Post a Comment