Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hiatus

I realize I haven't blogged in awhile. I've got a few excuses up my sleeve. I've had company, I've been working on a new project, Julie's been sick (again), and I've been lazy. Mostly the last one. I have pictures and videos to post, but the camera is currently on another floor of the house, and frankly, I just don't want to go get it. (Please see final excuse above.) That, and the battery is re-charging anyway.

Company:
Ben's sister Crys and her husband Fred came to visit us for a week. It was a nice diversion for us, they enjoyed themselves, and Ben got to have a cat in the house for a week. As company goes, it was not a stressful visit. Things were low-key, and we were able to just enjoy all being together. The highlights of the week were probably the afternoon in Kirtland, and lunch at Chipotle.

New project:
Some of you know that I started a cooking blog a little over a year ago that a few friends also contribute to. It's kind-of fallen to the wayside as of late. Well, I'm getting back in the game. Another friend and I are starting a special kind of food blog. What's in {Your} Oven? is a cooking challenge blog. It was born out of frustration in the kitchen. Ever get stuck in a rut cooking the same meals over and over again? Looking to change things up little? Each week there will be a challenge ingredient given. The idea is that you make something new -- something you've never made before -- using that ingredient. The challenges start on March 1. Hope on over and take a look. Let me know if you'd like to join us!

Photobucket

Julie being sick:
Yeah, again. She'd been on antibiotics for 10 days for a double ear infection, an eye infection, and a cold. She finished those up three or so weeks ago. A week (ish) later, she had a day or two of sniffles, but they went away on their own. Today is about her third or fourth day of being really yucky again. She's super snotty; she's coughing up a lot of phlegm, but swallowing it again since she doesn't know how to spit it out; she's not sleeping well; she's not eating well; she's extra-cranky. Ugh.

Me being lazy:
Does this actually require explanation?

4 comments:

Scott and Jillian said...

Yea for a new blog post! And not just because our blog is mentioned, but because I love new blog posts! Can I just say I think I'm in love with that little chicken?!

Anonymous said...

I know I have been so incredibly lazy its unreal. Thanks for the update and I am glad you had a good time with your company.

JerieH said...

maybe we should ditch cooking club and have a lazy club instead... nahhh - to much work.

Kellie said...

I like Jerie's idea about a Lazy Club! I'm all for laziness. Sorry about Julie being sick. All three of mine are sick now. Emma gave it to the other two, but I'm not sure if it's the same thing since Emma also has a double ear infection and the other two don't seem to. It's mostly just the phlegm-cough.