Next Monday, Ben and I want to go out to dinner. We missed celebrating our third anniversary because I was in CT while Ben was already back here in OH after Christmas. We're combining that with Valentine's Day and our "Pi Anniversary" (3.14 years of marriage...yes, we're nerds) and would like to go somewhere nice, but reasonably priced. Any suggestions?
10 comments:
What kind of food do you like? I know you are a fish person, but what do you like/dislike?
Well Berea (sp?) the italian place in Leagacy Village is good the plates are like $10-$15 a plate.
I definitely am NOT a fish person. We like Mexican and Italian food. Ben was thinking of a Greek place that he's been to, but I looked over the menu and it sounds weird to me. I'm not too interested in Greek. Ben doesn't like Asian food.
Machu Pichu (sp?) downtown is SO good. You'll have to check if it's still there, it was last year but I heard it's moved or something. We also liked Via on Vanaken, Italian. There is El Rodeo on Mayfield, good prices, but it the carpet stinks like mold when you walk in the door, but we really like the food. The Kiene's liked Abuelos over at Harvard park, it's pretty good, but we weren't too impressed because it was a little more than we wanted to pay, but it wasn't ridiculously priced. I've heard that Brio at Legacy Village is really good Italian food too. Okay I'll stop now. Good luck!
We have been to El Rodeo before and we really liked the food there. If you want I can show you a place to get a coupon so it will be even more reasonable.
Kurt and I went to Abuelo's (SP?) and it was reasonably priced and had really good food.
Yummy! I love celebrating and I love food!
1. We loved Le Petite Triangle (in Ohio city). Crepes and other yummy stuff. Really cute.
http://www.lepetittrianglecafe.com/home
2. Also in Ohio City, Johnny Mango's, which has some fun Mexican food and is really reasonably priced
http://www.jmango.com/
3. Downtown, we love Metropolitan Cafe. It is American food and has the best Mashed potatoes EVER
http://www.hydeparkrestaurants.com/metro/
4. Saigon is a Vietnamese place downtown that is really delicious and very reasonably priced. Their beef seriously melts in your mouth. It isn't strange Asian food either. Mellow flavors, not too exotic
http://www.saigoncleveland.com/
5. If you would like to spend a little bit more money, I loved Lolita's. It wasn't out of control expensive ($20-$30 per plate), and it has a really cool ambiance.
6. I LOVE Thaifun. I don't know if you like Thai food or not, but DELICIOUS! So fresh and nice. My husband served his mission in Thailand and said this is some of the best Thai food he has had in the U.S. http://www.tyfunthaibistro.com/
If you are going on a weeknight, won't need reservations for any of these...but Lolita's, and Thaifun on a weeknight...get a reservation :)
(CAN YOU TELL WE LIKE TO EAT OUT A LOT?!?!?!)
HAVE FUN
I've been trying to think of a place, but we just don't eat out much. I think the only real restaurant we've been to since we moved here was Macaroni Grill and that was because it was my birthday. Nathan's more likely to take us to Arby's or for gyros than anything else.
My vote is for Saigon or Lola's. Although--Lola's is expensive. But affordable if you go during the day. I've never been there at night. But the street they are both on downtown has a fun atmosphere. We hardly ever went out either when we were students, so I'm not much help.
Where did you choose?? I am so curious! Lots of people gave good ideas for places, although we just ate at El Rodeo (though, not in Mayfield) and we thought it was bleh! Don't know if you saw the Steak on a Stone place on my blog, but they serve and specialize in Greek food too--it was such a cool place! Worth the drive!! :)
We love Maggianos in Beachwood for Italian. It's not too pricey if you just order one entree and one appetizer and share. Their portions are huge! I don't know any great mexican places, but we love Mint Cafe if you like Thai food.
Post a Comment