I know, it's kind-of a weird thing to wish for. There's a back story here, believe it or not. When we brought Jules home from the hospital, we had two (a la style above). We kept one upstairs and one downstairs. They both worked perfectly fine. Fast forward to our Christmas vacation. We took one with us, just in case (which turned out to be a good thing because Julie got sick). Well, we accidentally left it at Ben's cousin's house in Boston where we stopped on our way from Maine to Connecticut. Not such a good thing. So Ben bought another one while he was out doing last minute Christmas shopping in Connecticut. Problem: it was so stiff I couldn't squeeze it with one hand. It required two hands. And anyone who has ever tried to suck the snot out of a baby's nose knows that an extra hand is required for the purpose of immobilizing baby. It was useless. By the time we got home, I threw it out and started using the other blue one from the hospital. Somehow, it got lost. It's gone! I have no idea where it is. So we went to buy another one the last time Julie was sick. Neither the drug store I went to nor Target had normal ones. Okay, the drug store might have, but they were out. Who runs out of baby nasal aspirators? Really! Target had some fancy-schmancy Red Cross used-in-hospitals variety that opened on the bottom so you could dump the snot out (lovely). I squeezed all of them through the packaging to pick the most flexible one. Even the best one was still a stretch. By the time I tried to use it the first time (last week), it wouldn't work. I tried a couple of times, but it didn't have any suction. I figured it was because the tip was tapered and wasn't creating a seal. I looked at the bottom a few days later, and found a crack that doesn't show up unless you compress it. ARGH!So I can't clear out my poor baby's passages because no one has a normal flexible bulb syringe nasal aspirator, and I can't find mine. That's why I wish for a working one.
Or I could just wish for a healthy baby. Maybe that's what I should wish for.
What do YOU wish for today?
5 comments:
I am sorry about that. It's always the simpliest stuff that you can never find a good one such as a bra but today I wish for a car that works perfectly and that is inexpensive, ours is in the shop! (wince)
Hey, I know that it sound weird, but you are welcome to come and try mine out... we like ours!
I hate any and every bulb syringe! I just haven't ever gotten any of them to work well with my kids, I'm sure it's the user and not the product!! =) I hope you find a good one soon, or that Julie just gets well quickly. Today I am wishing for SPRING, the sun has been such a tease today, it LOOKS warm, but doesn't FEEL warm.
julie snot a problem child! she got those genes from her aunt booger!
they are a good thing!
I've been searching for ours that has a less tapered end because it has really good suction and both Emma and Jeremy need it. Jeremy's ok at blowing his nose, but it's so bad I think he could use some help.
As for what I wish today, I wish for the girl coming at 4 PM to buy our apartment lease so we can move into our house without having to pay our landlord half of our rent for the next year.
Post a Comment