Thursday, June 25, 2009

First chores

Julie has been helping out with a few chores lately. A couple weeks ago, I was unloading the dishwasher, and she came over and started pulling silverware out. My first instinct was to be annoyed, but then she handed me the fork in her hand. I had the camera close by, so I turned it on and took some video. She helped me unload almost the whole basket.

Then today, I was putting away clean laundry, and I decided to let her help. My very first chore as a toddler was to put my dad's socks away in his drawer. There are pictures of me in my scrapbook at 20 months old doing that. So today Julie became a little more like me.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, what an adorable little helper for mom. I might have to have my girls watch this video in hopes that it will inspire some helpfulness for me. SUCH cute videos and pictures of Julie!

Kellie said...

I'm always terrified to let Emma "help" with the silverware. I don't think she'd hand them to me. I think she'd run around the house with them. Good thing Julie is such a good helper!

Jeannie Young said...

So great! Get them started early and make it fun then they will keep helping as they get older. Jacob still doesn't mind emptying the dishwasher so that's one if his daily jobs---I love it since it's not one of my favorite things to do! I'm glad to have gotten to see you while you were here in CT, even if it was briefly. I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Thanks for the comment on my background. I think I'm going to change it. Thanks for the offer to do a digital scrapbook page background for me. I'll just pick a different one from the website I go to, but I'll keep that offer in mind for the future. Thanks!