I love this meal. It goes together really easily, and it's really yummy. Originally found here at Picky Palate, this is a very filling and hearty meal. My one alteration is that instead of buying a can of chilies that has adobo sauce in it (and subsequently letting the chilies go bad), I buy a jar of adobo sauce, and keep it in the fridge. It doesn't scoop out easily, but it's not wasteful either.
Creamy Chipotle Chicken Tortellini with White Beans and Cilantro
8 oz pkg cheese filled tortellini
4 Tablespoons butter
¼ Cup flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 Cups skim milk
2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Tablespoon adobo sauce, from can of chipotle chilies
2 cooked, shredded chicken breasts
14 oz can navy or cannellini beans, drained
¼ Cup chopped cilantro leaves
1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions
2. Melt butter into a medium dutch oven over medium heat. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until combined. Slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Increase heat to medium high while continuously whisking. Continue until mixture thickens. Reduce heat to low and stir in 2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir until melted and smooth then add the adobo sauce. Add drained tortellini to pot along with chicken, beans and cilantro. Reduce heat to low and serve.
5 comments:
That sounds really good! I have a question though. I've seen a bunch of recipes that say to use a dutch oven. You can use those on your stove top? I had no idea. Is that what you did?
My Dutch oven has feet, and if I take the grate off the burner (I have a gas stove), the feet fit perfectly. If your stove isn’t conducive to a Dutch oven, use a stockpot. That’s what I did the first time I made the chicken, hominy, and cilantro chili.
Yum! This is one I'd like to try. When you say stockpot, is that the same as crockpot? (I seriously am NOT a cook! So is this easy enough for a beginner?!)
It's fun to check up on you and your cute family again. I've been so bad at blogging lately, but I'm coming back! Julie is a doll, I can't believe how big she is getting. When are coming out to visit again? I love al your cute crafts and recipes, I've definitely got to visit your blog more often!
A stockpot is for soup. It’s just a tall pot with a wide base that you would cook large amounts of something in. Like this. (This is a really nice one, obviously.)
You had me at Tortellini!
Post a Comment