Thursday, October 14, 2010

Julie's birthday

Yeah, I know. It's almost time for Julie's half-birthday already. I've been really bad at blogging this summer -- this whole year, kind-of. I thought I'd post a few pictures from Julie's birthday. We didn't really do much. We kept things very low-key this year. She won't remember anyway.

Julie got a very cute her-sized chair. I saw it at the grocery store a couple weeks before her birthday and picked it up for only $6! They had kid-sized patio furniture sets, in cow, ladybug, and monkey patterns. The chairs were sold separately so you could buy more if you wanted to. I held up the monkey chair and the ladybug chair, and let Julie choose.


She loves this chair. We took it with us camping this summer, but didn't bother sitting in it, because it was too hot and humid out to bother building a fire. Julie sits in it to watch movies in our basement. She'll scoot up as close the the TV console as she can, then try to get into it (and get frustrated because there's no room for her between the arms and the console), and finally get in it, and sit and stare up at the TV from her very own spot.

She got a couple of books from both grandmas -- all monkey themed. Totally not on purpose, but amusing nonetheless.


I love this picture. She looks quite concerned about something.



After presents, we loaded up the car and headed to Red Robin for her free birthday dinner (which she didn't eat, by the way).

Julie and Daddy. Daddy couldn't be happier to be with his girl, but Julie seems a little preoccupied, no?



Concentrating very hard. She later ate the crayons. Crayons don't seem to work for her yet at restaurants. She associates the table with food and eating, not playing.



Julie went through a phase where we had to get ice for her at the same time we ordered our own drinks. If we didn't, her hands were all over in our drinks. With the bowl of ice, she was happily occupied. The first time she at an ice cube was pretty funny, though. She was not expecting a chunk of hard coldness in her mouth.



Of course, sometimes, she talks our drinks anyway. That would be Daddy's.

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

better late than never, right?! :) You've got me craving some RR right now!! :)

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

Julie has such a sweet innocence, you should post more pictures of her! And where are you?

Anonymous said...

Janelle, thanks for sharing these adorable photos. We love watch Julie grow and thrive.
Love, Aunt Joanne and Uncle Bill