Friday, December 31, 2010

Family resemblance

Julie still takes naps most days, but she doesn't always take them in her bed anymore. In fact, she usually doesn't. She'll get a couple of "friends" and cuddle up under a blanket on the couch and go to sleep, or sometimes just curl up in an armchair. I don't complain about where she sleeps, as long as she actually does take a nap.

Yesterday, it was in the armchair in the basement. When she first fell asleep, she was sprawled across it, looking comfortable. At some point during her nap, she shifted and curled up like this:





A minute or two after I took these photos, she shifted again, but woke up while I was trying to grab the camera again. Her face was still buried in the corner of the chair, but instead of her little bum sticking up in the air, her legs were hanging down over the edge, so her toes were barely dragging along the floor. In that respect, she is very much her father's daughter. He can sleep anywhere, and has even been known to fall asleep while standing up talking to someone.

But wait, the pictures above look familiar...check me out, in November 1985:

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Very cute! And I love the Rainbow Brite doll!

Shawny said...

Rainbow Brite and Care Bears! You were definitely a child of the 80s. Too cute that you have two similar pictures.

Rachel Holloway said...

hahaha! That's classic!!!

ten_33 said...

She has that toe-head and cutie-patootie thing going on!