Saturday, January 8, 2011

5 Minutes: It's elementary

Though not the most current, the writing prompt I left on for Your Life in 5 Minutes is this:
What is your earliest or favorite memory of an elementary school teacher?
I actually remember all my teachers' names, though not necessarily much about them. In kindergarten, I had Mrs. Armitage. First grade was Miss Wilkinson, second grade was Mrs. Stone (super mean), and later Mrs. Lebo (I moved). The rest become much more vivid. I remember that I really like Mrs. Wilkinson, though. She was really nice, and I remember my mom talking about her in a positive light. Also, the caption on this photo in my scrapbook says "Janelle and her WONDERFUL 1st grade teacher, Miss Wilkinson."



She's awarding me with a "super speller" award, January 27, 1987. Check out the totally awesome 80's hair goin' on! I do vaguely remember learning to tell time, and money-changing during class with Miss Wilkinson. And I also vaguely remember being teacher's pet, and a nasty snobby girl named Donna (I think) not liking me for it, because she wanted to be teacher's pet.

No comments: