Friday, April 22, 2011

one, two, THREE!!

Today is Julie's birthday! I'm sad to say that Ben and I honestly haven't put much thought into celebrating. We've been working on a bathroom renovation, and that and a few other things have been occupying the bulk of our brain cells lately. We'll have a party in a couple of weeks, but I couldn't miss a birthday blog post in the meantime.

3 favorite foods: dillas (quesadillas, or anything involving a tortilla), "MACcheese" (pasta prepared any possible way), cheese
3 favorite movies: Tangled (Rapunzel), Toy Story (BuzzWoody) (any of them), Here Comes Peter Cottontail (the "bunny movie")
3 favorite people: Mama, Daddy, Chumby (a neighbor/friend from church -- "Chumby" is a nickname)
3 best friends: Chumby, Sienna, and a tie between Wyatt and Luke (she plays with Wyatt every week while I'm at Young Women activities and Ben's at Scouts, but she gets really excited whenever we go to play with Luke)
3 places she goes a lot: church, Chumby's house (are you noticing a theme?), Wyatt's house
3 favorite books: Just Go To Bed, Rapunzel, and Me Too!
3 favorite toys: Jesse (from Toy Story), purse, and phone
3 favorite things to do: help Daddy with her tools, climb -- anything that can possibly be climbed, raid the fridge for cheese
3 big milestones this year: finally (in the last few weeks) started calling me "Mama" or "Mommy," started praying, brushing teeth (and being enthusiastic about it!)
3 biggest changes: she's super tall now, has really long hair, and is quite independent
3 things she looks forward to every day: getting dressed, playing with Chumby (seriously, she asks about him at least once a day), listening to audio books at bedtime
3 fun things we've done this year: visited Gma and Grumpa (and especially Brandon and Eli) -- four times!, going to Home Depot's monthly kids' workshops, camping
3 things we're looking forward to this year: more consistent and coherent speech, summer days at the pool, potty training (well, I'm looking forward to her being trained, not the actual training part)

This is at a neighbor's (Sienna's) birthday party last month. It was a princess theme, of course, and Julie borrowed her Belle dress to wear. She was super cute.



6 comments:

Kellie said...

Cute! I like how you marked the difference between training and trained. It's how I feel, too.

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Julie!!

JerieH said...

Happy Birthday Julie!

Marilyn said...

What a cute idea for a post. Happy Bday Julie!

Cicely said...

Happy birthday Julie!

Carrie Anne said...

this is cute! yes, chumby & julie need to play soon! sorry i have been m.i.a. chumby's bday is this weekend...i have yet to figure that out, too...poor 3rd child.:)