Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More Julie-isms

Generally:
Julie is learning uses of the word-phrase "okay." Her versions are cute: "ohay" or "tay!"

Julie likes to come into a room where Ben or I are, and say, "Hi Mommy! (or Hi Daddy!) What's doin'?"

June 9:
Julie is walking around the basement with her phone, jabbering away. She came up to me, held the phone out, and said, "Say 'hi, Grammy!" I asked her if she wanted to call Grammy on the real phone (and showed it to her), but apparently she's content with her pretend conversation for now.

June 8:
I was watching a video this evening with short interviews from some of the actors in the Harry Potter movies. Julie recognized them, despite different hair and facial hair styles, and being out of context. She started pointing at the screen and excitedly calling out, "HeePot! HeePot!"

June 8:
Julie is watching Strawberry Shortcake right now, but she pronounces it along the lines of "Sputcake" which is, of course, quite amusing.

June 7:
Major thunderstorm this morning. Every time it rolled, Julie got excited and exclaimed, "fffffffffunnerrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

June 7:
I tripped on my way up the stairs and fell at the landing. I braced my fall with my hands, but Julie was worried. She was playing in the sink in the bathroom on the landing (giving Donald Duck a bath, by the way), and she came out when she heard me fall, and said, "you okay?" It was very sweet.

June 5:
Julie got bug bites at the Daddy-daughter campout this weekend -- all over both elbows. Yesterday they looked fine. This morning, a few are scabbed over pretty badly from her scratching at them. Unfortunately, she gets upset when we remind her not to scratch. She's come up with two alternatives: (1) she tries to kiss them all better herself, and (2) she uses the hand of her stuffed Donald Duck to scratch them.

May 31:
For awhile, when I'd answer the phone (or Julie pretended to), she'd say, "Ho?"

May 29:
Julie has started blogging. She doesn't put anything in her posts -- she just posts them. If she ever actually does start typing in them, I might actually leave them up, instead of deleting them.

Here are a couple of recent photos of Julie from a trip to the local Children's Museum. Julie loved making the water splash, but instinctively kept ducking from it at the same time.



2 comments:

JerieH said...

Oh, so cute. Lilly loves to answer "hello" when ever she hears a phone ring. It doesn't matter if we are at wal0mart or at home : ) and she says it for every ring... It makes me laugh.
Lilly is also obsessed with strawberry shortcake! She sings the theme song everytime she sees a strawberry. I guess I know what she will be for Halloween : )

Kellie said...

Ok, my favorites are the funner for thunder and Sputcake! So cute!