Monday, August 22, 2011

Catching up on Julie-isms

Fun pictures soon...

June 23
Julie just saw a wedding picture of me and Ben, and when I asked her if I had a pretty dress on, she answered, "Yeah! Pincess!" Pretty much made my week.

June 30
Julie has asked for a quesadilla for breakfast every day this week. Today she finally consented to having eggs for breakfast instead (her options other days had all included eggs, cereal, and toast). Then when it came time for lunch today, she asked for eggs. *facepalm*

July 1
I love that Julie talks in her sleep. Mostly it's mumbles. It's cute though. She fell asleep on the couch tonight, cuddled up with Ben watching a movie. When he woke up and slowly sat up with her, to take her up to bed, so began muttering random things as her eyes confusedly opened and closed. Darn cute.

July 10
Conversation with Julie while I was cleaning up dinner:

Me (pointing to my belly): Julie, who's in here? In Mama's tummy?
Julie: (blank stare, licking her fingers)
Me: Is it Baby Robyn?
Julie: No, it's green!

(In her defense, my dress is black and white and green, so I was likely pointing at a green spot.)

July 10
I just leaned in for a kiss with Julie, and she decided that the perfect time to burp was just prior to the point of contact. It smelled like leftover quiche. Disgusting.

July 14
Julie seemed to have a little gas tonight, but couldn't quite get it out. She kept saying, "stuck" and then ten seconds later, I'd hear a toot and an "es me!" ("excuse me!"). It was pretty comical.

July 15
Julie has recently decided that she actually wants to draw with crayons, which she hasn't previously been very interested in. Unfortunately, she just opens the nearest book or grabs the nearest piece of mail, etc., and starts coloring on that. I've been trying to teach her that we only color on paper (or in special coloring books, which she has), but she always gets upset. This morning she found a crayon in her purse, got excited, and then pointed to the paper tray of our printer and asked for paper. Yay!!

July 15
Julie has been trying to blow up a water balloon with her mouth for the last 10 minutes nonstop. It's pretty hilarious.

July 22
A thunderstorm has started, and guess where Julie is? Yep...upstairs on the couch, staring out the window, absolutely enthralled.

July 27
On the road yesterday we passed a Target truck. Julie got excited and pointed out "red store! red store!" I was so proud.

August 11
Funny moment earlier: I was on the phone with my mom, while working in the kitchen. Julie came running upstairs calling, "Mommy, I got it! I did it, Mommy!" When she found me, she stuck her finger in my face and said, "Look, Mommy! I got it!" There was a tiny patch of raw skin at the bottom of her nail bed where she'd clearly just successfully removed a hangnail. She was so proud of herself.

August 13
My girl is tough. Remember that hangnail from earlier in the week? She's continued all week to pick at that spot on her finger, and tonight while we were watching TV, Ben had fallen asleep, and she woke him up to show him her finger, dripping with blood. Then we went up two flights of stairs to wash it off and put a Band-aid on it, and she whimpered the whole time, but didn't really cry. She was very calm and matter-of-fact. I love her. I was sitting in the same room, but she went to Daddy because she's in a Daddy phase right now. Also, by the time we rinsed the blood off, it was starting to dry a little, so I had to rub at the spot to get it all off, and then press a paper towel onto it to finish stopping the blood, and she still was super tough the whole time. I'm so proud of my brave little girl. She was clearly distraught, but still calm. It's especially impressive when you consider that she hasn't had a regular meal (plenty of snacks, though) in over 24 hours, since we were camping and she was just so excited about everything new and different, and then she had three naps today because she was so totally wiped.

August 19
Julie: Mommy, I want string cheese.
Me: Sweetie, you just had breakfast. (about an hour earlier...she slept today)
Julie: I want string cheese.
Me: You can have string cheese, but later. Not right now.
Julie: (whining now) No! I want Daddy!

No comments: