Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy birthday!

My birthday fell the day after we came home from the hospital. My official due date was actually on my birthday. We had a very low-key day -- nothing special. My mother-in-law is here visiting and helping out, so she made me a special request meal. My sister-in-law's birthday is exactly a month before mine, and my MIL had been visiting her over that day, and made Navajo tacos. That sounded really good to me, and I hadn't eaten any in probably 15 years. I requested, and she came through. She asked what I wanted for dessert, and I gave several ideas (she has some dietary restrictions, so I let her make the final choice). We went with this recipe, and it was good, but not one to repeat (too much work and mess for not satisfying enough output).

Ben, Julie, and Robyn got me the latest Harry Potter movie, rounding out our collection; the fifth Harry Potter book, which is where Ben is ready to read next; and mini muffin pans, which I've recently been obsessing over.

All in all, it was a quiet day, with a little fun thrown in. As a side note, Ben was in the kitchen when his mom was getting ready to stick candles in the dessert. I overheard them whispering back and forth, her asking what birthday this was for me, and Ben saying I was 25. I smiled at the thoughtfulness, but corrected them with my actual age -- 31. I embrace my age. I don't see a reason not to -- it's not like I can change it, or like people don't know I'm getting older.

Here's my dessert:





And here are some really attractive photos of me:





For the record, I blew out all 31 candles in one try. Four days after a C-section.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :) Hooray for embracing your age. :) And a side note...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that casserole dish!

Joo Lin said...

Happy birthday Janelle! That is funny your hubs said 25. The 31 club isn't so bad, right? :)