On Julie's second or third visit to the hospital, she was willing to start getting a little up close and personal with Robyn. She's very gentle while still being curious. We're trying to not be too pushy with getting her to engage with Robyn, and it seems to be working so far. Each time she came to visit, we'd ask if she wanted to hold Robyn. Each time we got an emphatic "no!" As time has passed a little, and Julie's gotten a little more accustomed to Robyn's presence, she's actually asked to hold her. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures yet of Julie holding Robyn, as it's always been spur of the moment, and I haven't wanted to go grab the camera for fear that the moment would pass. Getting a picture of it will be at least a two-person job (someone has to help hold Robyn's head up, for one thing). I'm working on it, though.
In the meantime, here are some pictures from that third or so visit, when Julie started to show more interest.
(She's pointing at Robyn's nose, not poking her eyes.)
Julie has actually been pretty helpful. She brings me a pacifier or burp cloth or nursing cover-up (young boys in the house) when I need it. She's interested in how Robyn eats and wants to see it each time (only briefly), and is always concerned when Robyn cries. She wants to make sure that Robyn has her pacifier and is happy and content. So far things seem to be going pretty well in the sibling department. Yay!
2 comments:
Those pictures are adorable, and you're right. In time it will happen. But for now, it's almost NICE to not have an overwhelming LOVE of the baby-that can be SERIOUSLY hard work! lol
That's cute Robyn is helpful! I loved that with Seoul also.
Post a Comment