My attitude and emotional state are much improved since I last talked about this pregnancy. I'm happy and excited. Tomorrow I meet my Robyn. The last six weeks or so have been stressful. From 34-37 weeks, I was stressed out every day, thinking she was going to come at any moment, and I was completely unprepared (as far as the house, nursery, etc. go). Something changed right around 37 weeks though, and her arrival didn't feel nearly as imminent. I thought I might actually make it to my scheduled surgery. And I have.
My mom came to visit for about three weeks, to help us get ready. We cleaned, organized, laundered, cooked, and still managed to get a little fun in. The house is ready. The freezers are full. I'm currently eating a bowl of mint cookies and cream ice cream that will probably be the last real ("real") food I eat for a couple of days.
My mother-in-law arrived this evening, and she'll be here until the first week of December. Julie is excited to see her, as well as cousin Brandon and Uncle Eli. She's been talking about them all week. But when we ask her who she gets to meet tomorrow, she answers, "Uhhhh, doctor!" or "Hospital!" She's along the right lines, and eventually she comes around to "Baby Robyn," but I'm still not sure she "gets" it. It will be an adjustment, but I know she'll be a great big sister.
Things I'm looking forward to about not being pregnant anymore (completely non-emotionally):
- Normal sized feet
- Ankles that are skinnier than my calves
- Sleeping soundly (after Julie was born, even though I was waking up frequently, the sleep I did get was much more restful that my last weeks of pregnancy had been, with as difficult as it is to roll over with a huge belly)
- Stretch marks fading...somewhat
- Not feeling claustrophobic when someone stands within three feet of me
- No more "wow lady, how far along are you?" type questions
- Being able to transition to standing up (from sitting) without using every muscle group
- Fewer (and easier) bathroom trips
5 comments:
Yay!! I'm excited for you and can't wait to meet baby Robyn! Can I add sleeping on your stomach again to the list?
Can't wait for pics!
WHOO HOO!!! I am so excited for you, Julie will be such a cute big sister. Good luck and see you in a bit. Let me know if you need anything!
GOOD LUCK! Hoping it all goes well. Can't wait for pics!
Good luck! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers :) I love your blog - this is the first time I visited it, and wished I had sooner! I read your post on your earlier emotions with this pregnancy, and can I just say "thank you." I am 20 weeks along into my first, and even though I am excited now, the first 10 - 12 weeks I just couldn't seem to get as excited as I thought I would. People would ask, "Are you excited/happy?" and all I could say was, "Every day is a new adventure" with a shy smile. Maybe it was my morning sickness, but I was worried for a while that I was the only woman on the planet to have felt the way you did. Thanks for sharing! And, little Robyn never doubt your love for her, I know it :)
Post a Comment