- Ben's mom came to help when she was first born. She brought Ben's 12-year-old brother and our nine-year-old nephew (who also lives with her). The two boys inhabited our living room for about two weeks, spreading chaos and noise everywhere. :) Ben's dad drove up for Thanksgiving a few days after we came home from the hospital.
- My grandmother (who lived in Central California) fell at home and was taken to the hospital. Bloodwork revealed that she had advanced leukemia, with only a few weeks to live. Two days later, three-week-old Robyn and I hopped on a plane to Salt Lake City, where my sister picked us up. Two day after that, the three of us road tripped to California where I spent a week with my mom, aunts, siblings, and grandma. She passed away three weeks to the day after her fall.
- Robyn and I got home and spent a few days getting ready for Christmas. Fortunately we'd gotten the tree up and decorated before our spontaneous trip, but gifts needed to be wrapped and stockings needed stuffing.
- Christmas at home was quiet and happy. It was a very low-key day. On the 26th, we had a couple friends and their families join us for a feast and some games.
- Ben and I celebrated our sixth anniversary in our usual way: doing absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
- Julie started school again after the Christmas break. We finished out the first semester of Joy School and then started doing Letter of the Week. I got to teach G and H. We talked about gorillas and gardening, and hippos and hot rods.
- A friend and I hosted a baby shower for another friend, and had a lot of fun planning together.
- My sister came to visit us for a week. We had lots of fun playing together. She also bought us passes to the brand new Greater Cleveland Aquarium.
And lots of other little things. Robyn is growing and developing just perfectly. She's very social and loves to interact with people. I'll make individual posts on several of these things, but wanted to do a summary here first.
1 comment:
Thanks for the update... keep the pictures coming!! Robyn is changing so much and Julie is becoming more of a little girl (than toddler). Nice to see each of em and their similarities (or not).
Post a Comment