We did, however, get around to dying eggs, though not until Easter evening. I put the eggs on to boil on Saturday afternoon, but by the time they were cooled all the way through, it was too late to start the dying that evening still, so we waited. Last year, Julie and I went over toe a neighbor's house to dye eggs, but she and her friend got bored after about 30 seconds, so my friend and I ended up dying about 2 dozen eggs ourselves while the kids ran around outside. This year she was much more interested in it. She's been watching the movie Here Comes Peter Cottontail, and I told her that we were going to paint eggs just like Peter does in the movie, with special egg paint. She was really excited.
All the stuff together...
Excited to get started!
She liked dropping the tablets in and watching/listening to them fizz.
But the vinegar (for bright bold coloring) stank -- P. U.!!!
Daddy sure was happy this evening.
Look what we did!
This the current face she gives us if we ask her to smile.
My handsome husband.
She was super excited about her Phineas & Ferb toothbrush.
(Side note: For Christmas I had asked for a point & shoot camera. I take a lot fewer pictures of daily goings-on and also outings with having the bigger camera. It's just not as convenient. They serve two different functions. Ben and I did some research and settled on a P&S that we thought would be a good fit. For the most part I like it, but it seems to really like putting a glowy haze on every photo. I need to check the settings, but sorry if your eyes are funky now.)
No comments:
Post a Comment