This morning we had an unfortunate incident that I wish never had to happen to sweet babies. We were all just getting up, and Robyn was on my bed, where we'd been snuggling/playing for a bit. Julie had come in to join us. I got up to use the bathroom, leaving Julie to keep a close watch on her sister and make sure she didn't scoot off the edge of the bed. Julie usually does this in the morning while I get dressed/use the bathroom/etc. She's usually highly attentive. Well, today she wasn't. She was busy playing in Daddy's closet when I heard the loud thud, followed by hysterical crying.
By the time I got back in the room, Robyn had righted herself, and was scooting toward her big sister (presumably looking for comfort), so I couldn't tell immediately where she'd landed or hit herself. After a few minutes, it became readily apparent.
It took about 10-15 minutes to calm her down, and during that time she didn't want to nurse or take her sippy cup, and would barely take the pacifier for a few seconds at a time. She wouldn't snuggle into me, but definitely wanted to be held. It was so sad.
Eventually she was calm enough to eat breakfast. While in the high chair, Julie kissed her goose egg all better.
Later, Robyn fell asleep on the floor while half-heartedly playing. She's such a light sleeper that I left her right where she was.
She's awake and happy now, and just looks a little worse for the wear.
(Apologies for the low-quality iPod pictures.)
1 comment:
Poor kid. We know about goose eggs and falling off of stuff I think Jeremy actually pulled Emma off the couch when she was still quite little.
Post a Comment