Monday, November 19, 2012

My birthday

I got an email this morning inviting me out to dinner tonight.  A friend's birthday is Wednesday, and another friend of mine had talked to her (first friend's) husband to make arrangements to "kidnap" her and take her out to her favorite restaurant for dinner -- PF Changs.  First friend just had a baby two weeks ago, so it was kind-of a big deal.  I haven't been out with girlfriends in what seems like forever, so I jumped on the chance!  When I got to the restaurant, I quickly learned that we were celebrating my friend's birthday, and mine, which is Thursday.  It was a fun little sort-of surprise.


The last (and only) time I had a surprise birthday party was when I turned 18.  I'll be turning 32 this week.  So even if this wasn't originally intended to celebrate my birthday, and it was an afterthought, I still appreciate it.

No comments: