Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Gra'ma, if you read this blog, you may want to skip this entry

Remember the old Hitchcock flick The Birds? Well, I had a bird in my house this week. How it got in there, I have no idea, but it was there, hiding on a bottom shelf in my kitchen when I got home. I think it may have come down the chimney.

I freaked out at first -- there was a giant moving thing in my kitchen that didn't belong there, and I was caught completely off-guard as well. So I behaved like a silly girl for a few minutes, then tried calling Mom and Dad to see what to do (in my frenzied panic, it didn't occur to me to open a window). Not being able to get through to either, I retreated to the basement, figuring that the bird probably wouldn't follow me.

It didn't.

Less than five minutes later, Ben got home from work. Together we tag-teamed the poor scared bird and it finally flew out the window. I think that my alarmed shouts when I first discovered it frightened the bird.

Now I'm only sorry I don't have a picture of it perched on my kitchen counter, or of us trying to coax it out.

Gra'ma...you can start reading again. I'm done talking about birds in the house.

1 comment:

Yonker Family said...

That would have freaked me out too, but then a lot of things freak me out. When I was young we had a bat in our house and it took forever to get that thing out. Congrats on a job well done. By the way, I thought I was supposed to be able to contribute to the "Kitchen Counter Blog", how do I do that?