Anywho, I have been able to upload my Thanksgiving photos, and I will share a few of them here. Here we go!
It's scary-looking, isn't it? Mom was right, though. She said that it seems a lot scarier than it actually is.
I find humor in a picture like this (hence, I took it), but you may not. I'm looking down what my mom might refer to as "the Alice hole" for the stuff I need to pull out. This part I've done before. This wasn't the scariest part, and luckily my bird was completely thawed. I've tried to pull the neck out before when it wasn't thawed all the way. That's hard, and it hurts because it's so stinkin' cold! Here's all the good stuff:
I am not a big stuffing fan. I've had one stuffing in my life that I remember really enjoying, and that was while I was on my mission. We had Thanksgiving dinner one year with two sisters from Colombia, and they stuff the bird with rice. I don't know what recipe they used (if any), what kind of rice or what herbs and spices, but it was so good. So I went in search of a rice stuffing recipe online. Most of what I found was with wild rice. I found one that sounded reasonably simple, yet still tasty. This was what was still left after I stuffed the turkey:
Stuffed, closed, brushed, salted, and peppered, ready to go in the oven...soon to be the greatest accomplishment of my culinary life to date:
As you can see from the second picture, it wasn't quite done yet. Another 15 minutes did the trick, though. It didn't take long. Here are the "pride and joy" pictures:
I have never really enjoyed eating turkey, unless it's in a soup or a sandwich, or something like that. I usually only take very small portions at Thanksgiving and Christmas, preferring instead to stock up on yummy side dishes. As such, I hardly tasted my turkey, but I'm told it was very good, which made me happy. The little that I did eat wasn't too bad, as turkey goes. We did have plenty of side dishes, though. With two other couples over for dinner, we had plenty to go around. Here is our full spread:
Finally, the best part of my day was that I didn't have to clean up one single fork or dish:
No comments:
Post a Comment