I had another doctor's appointment last week and got to hear MJ's heartbeat for the first time (I was 13 1/2 weeks at the time of the visit). The heartbeat was surprisingly rhythmic for that early in my pregnancy. That same afternoon, I had another ultrasound. This one was a little more involved than the first one, as they were measuring the thickness of MJ's neck as part of a Down's syndrome screening. (Everything turned out fine with that screening, by the way.) I got to see a close-up of the head, and could pick out facial features clearly, such as a nose and mouth. Here's that picture, although it's pretty blurry and kind-of hard to see since it's so close-up. MJ is facing upward, with the top of the head on the left, the chin on the right.
MJ kept moving his/her fist toward and away from his/her mouth during the ultrasound. In the picture above, the fist is at the very top of the picture, right about at thumb-sucking level with the mouth. I also have a couple other pictures that are clearer. I couldn't believe how much MJ had grown since the last ultrasound four weeks ago. Here are the more recent pictures:
I also think these ones are a little bit easier to read (than the first one was) for people who aren't familiar with ultrasound pictures.
I have another regular appointment in about 3 weeks, and my doctor said that we'll schedule the full anatomy ultrasound for a couple of weeks after that, which is when we'll find out of MJ is a boy of a girl. That should be around the beginning of the year -- maybe the last week of December.
2 comments:
Wow, to hear the heartbeat again must have been so neat. Thanks for keeping us posted on the pregnancy. I'm glad it's going so well for you!
How very exciting!!! Thanks for all the fun posts about the baby stuff. It's a lot of fun for me to read.
Post a Comment