Sunday, January 20, 2008

11 Layers of me

Several months ago, I was "tagged" in the blogging world, which means I'm supposed to answer a series of predetermined questions about myself, as given by the tagger, then tag other friends of mine to answer the same questions. I never did it, mostly because I just never got around to it. Rather than fishing through old posts and trying to find the series of questions, I'll just do another set that I read recently. It's called "11 Layers of Me."

Layer 1: On the outside

Name: Janelle Marie Nutter
Birthdate: November 22, 1980
Current location: my basement
Eye color: brown/hazel, depending on lighting and what I'm wearing
Hair color: dirty blond, although I prefer light brown
Righty or lefty: right-handed
Zodiac sign: generally Sagittarius, although sometimes I'll find a newspaper/magazine/website that has me as a Scorpio

Layer 2: On the inside

Your heritage: Scottish, Irish, English, and Mexican
Your fears: cockroaches (I can't even stand to hear the word said out loud -- it makes me cringe)
Your weaknesses: uh, where to start?
Your perfect pizza: I don't really like pizza in general, but I love a good Hawaiian one
Goal you'd like to achieve: Sadly, I don't really have a lot of goals. I have dreams.

Layer 3: Yesterday, today, and tomorrow

Your thoughts on first waking up: Ben really needs to learn how to close the front door without slamming it. Why is he going outside in the first place?
Your best physical feature: My hips used to be my favorite, but then I gained a lot of weight all over, and now I'm pregnant, so I don't really have anything right now that could qualify as "best"
Your bedtime: around 10:00 or 10:30
Your most missed memory: I can't remember -- I'm missing it!

Layer 4: Your pick

Pepsi or Coke: neither...if I have to have a soda, it would be A&W Root Beer
McDonald's or Burger King: McDonald's, but only because BK makes me sick...literally. I really don't like either
Adidas or Nike: Ummm, how about Target?
Lipton Tea or Nestea: I'm not doing so great with these so far, am I?
Chocolate or vanilla: this one's easy -- chocolate!
Cappuccino or coffee: I refer to the previous answer...hot chocolate!

Layer 5: Do you...?

Swear: nope
Have a crush: in the last couple of weeks, I've fallen in love with my husband all over again, and on the weekend have felt quite twitterpated, so I guess I do have a crush.
Want to get married: never again
Believe in yourself: most of the time
Think you're a health freak: not in the least!

Layer 6: In the past month, have you...?

Drank alcohol: no, but I've cooked with it twice
Gone to the mall: yes
Been on stage: heck no!
Been dumped: thankfully, no
Gone skating: no, and I'm not sure that would be a good idea for a pregnant lady
Dyed your hair: nope

Layer 7: Have you ever

Played strip poker: no, but if I had, I probably wouldn't admit to it in this forum anyway!
Changed who you were to fit in: If we're talking "ever," then yes. I don't think that there are very many people who can honestly answer no to that. Since I figured out the importance of being true to myself, no I haven't changed who I am to fit in...I've tried to find the right people to fit in with.

Layer 8: Getting old

Age you're hoping to be married: apparently I'm already old
Age you want to die: I don't want to be without Ben for long, if at all, so I guess it depends on him

Layer 9: In a girl/guy

Best eye color: blue
Best hair color: brown (this was my favorite combination before I met Ben, who is brown/brown)

Layer 10: What you were doing

1 minute ago: well, since this thing is so stinking long, I was doing it!
1 hour ago: something else on the computer...checking email probably
1 week ago: watching a movie, I would guess
1 year ago: I have no idea...working at Martin's Point in Portland, ME

Layer 11: Finish the sentence

I love...: Benjamin.
I feel...: happy.
I hate...: when I feel inadequate.
I hide...: candy in my drawer at work.
I miss...: my parents and my siblings.
I need...: to get a life.

No comments: