Here's my "picky" eater. Julie is about an not-picky as it gets. The other night I made
this for dinner, and here she is, obviously eating it. I admit, Julie is starting to be somewhat finicky. Ben remembers reading that kids this age start to not like complex flavors as much as maybe they did before. It's just kind-of an assault on the senses. But if, next time I make this meal, I give her some tortellini without sauce, some shredded chicken, and some beans all separately, she'll probably eat them. It's a little more work, but it's not making two meals, which is good.



Some of Julie's current favorite foods:
- Bananas
- Grapes
- Raisins/Craisins
- Goldfish
- Cheese
- Olives
It's funny, because you can't tell from these pictures, but Julie likes just about anything, as long as it isn't messy. She hasn't worn a bib in months. At first it was because she just wouldn't leave it on anymore, but after a week of being annoyed that she wouldn't leave it on, and trying to fight with her about it, I realized that she really didn't need it. She's a very neat eater. She won't eat spaghetti, and we're pretty sure it's because it's too messy. Weird, huh?
3 comments:
That last picture is hilarious. She makes me laugh. I'll have to try that recipe. Jacob is picky eater (even though he will tell you he's not) but that sounds like something he would like.
Wow! Julie is getting so big! What a cutie. I'm very impressed with that she can keep herself clean without a bib, my boys were not nearly that careful!
Cute pictures! I was so sneaky today. Megan is pretty picky because she's always afraid she won't like what we give her. Tonight I made roasted potatoes and cut them up to look like wedge french fries. Ha! She never knew there was a sauce on them that was basically only horseradish sauce and mustard. Both things she "hates". She kept talking about how they were the best french fries ever.
Post a Comment