Friday, October 8, 2010

Your Life in 5 Minutes

This blog has gotten slow as of late, and I think I've found a way to help pick it back up a little. Many of the women I know blog for one of two reasons: (1) to keep a journal/family history; and (2) to keep extended family in the loop with everyday goings-on. This will help me accomplish the first.

A woman I've met once or twice (maybe) who attends another ward near mine is a speaker, editor, and author, and focuses in writing one's own history. She has a blog called Your Life in 5 Minutes, where she issues a weekly writing prompt that will help record one's life stories. I've decided to take the challenge (even though it's not really a challenge). When it comes to really personal things, I might actually journal those, and not blog them. But for now, you can look forward to some memories.

I'll tag each of these posts with the label '5 minutes' so you can read them all if you want to by just search for that.

Will anyone else join me?

4 comments:

Jillian said...

That sounds cool! My blogging has gotten really slow as of late, too. I'll do it!

Kellie said...

I heard her announce it at the stake women's conference. I meant to ask her about it, but couldn't get to her before we left. I guess I can check it out now.

Rachel Holloway said...

I've been thinking about doing that very thing, so it's a great way to get on it finally!

Shawny said...

I'm on board. I've already blogged my 5-minute-journal entry.