Saturday, January 22, 2011

The little things

While I was pregnant with Julie, Ben and I bought an unfinished all-real-wood dresser for her room from a furniture store nearby. Ben painted it white, and I dressed up the drawer pulls. The pulls were still a little sad looking, though. They were small -- only one-inch rounds, and looked a little pathetic against the white of the dresser. Not long after, I decided to buy two-inch round drawer pulls from Michael's and redo them. This time I decided I didn't want just ladybugs. so I designed a few other styles as well. The dresser has five drawers, and each one has a different style pull on it now. I like it much better.

The spider and the bee are definitely my favorites. I'm not crazy about the dragonfly -- I was too precise in the painting, and you can see my pencil marks, which is more than a little tacky. The butterfly is okay, and the ladybug is overdone, in my opinion.










So here's a before and after of the whole dresser:

Before


After

It's definitely a little thing, but I think it makes a big difference.

4 comments:

Krystal Rose Webb said...

these are so CUTE! you could totally sell them on etsy.

Kat said...

You are so good at stuff like this. I have to replace the knobs on the kids dresser and they are the same type of knob. I doubt I could make them look cute though. I love these.

Kellie said...

You did a great job! Kids love that kind of stuff, so I think you are right how something seemingly small can make a big difference in how something is perceived.

Mary said...

So cute!! What a great idea!!!