Sucky things that have happened:
- Julie flooded the toilet and bathroom
- Julie destroyed my chapstick -- the second in less than a week
- Another bedtime that didn't finish until after 10:30pm
- Woke up at 2:00am to Julie coughing in my face every five seconds
- Forgot to take dinner (that I promised) to a friend who just had a baby
- Julie destroyed my lipstick, which I replaced about three months ago, after she destroyed the previous one
- Julie dragged the lipstick all over the dining room floor and table
- Julie unwrapped and ate every stick but one of the gum in my purse
- Got lipstick all over the whisk that was in my purse from a YW activity
- Unrolled a ton of dental floss from the pack in my purse
- Found DVDs randomly stuffed into the five-disc changer
- Julie wasted a spare tampon in my purse by opening it and pushing it out through the applicator
- Was super hungry at 11:00pm (not pregnant) and ate taquitos -- not great for metabolism
- Julie pulled the block of Parmesan cheese out of the fridge this morning (which was locked, by the way), and started shredding it using my microplane -- I've been using fresh Parmesan a lot lately, and this was actually a little cute and funny, except that she left the cheese out, and it started to get a little hard on the outside
- I've had semi-intense lower-left quadrant abdominal pain for a day and a half
- Julie dumped out her bubble bath, my travel sized shower gel (in a discontinued fragrance that I really like), and squeezed out a bunch of anti-bacterial hand lotion, all over the inside of the linen closet
Not sucky things that have happened:
- I went to a fun YW Mutual activity, made even more fun by the fact that I didn't have to do anything for it
- I watched an episode of Chuck last night after giving up on bedtime and sending Ben up instead
- Melting snow
- Julie snuggling with her Daddy on the couch when he got home
- Julie falling asleep for a nap on the floor next to my chair as I type this...with a DVD on her face
Obviously, I'm pretty stressed out right now. The bad things outweigh the good from the last day or so. And I'm trying
really hard to think of good things. This is also Ben's most stressful time of year at work, so when he gets home, he's completely wiped out and in much need of winding down. Unfortunately, by the time he gets home tonight (after at 5:00pm conference call), I'll be really ready for some quiet time, but he's got a thing tonight already, too. I have a feeling it's not going to be a happy bedtime.
7 comments:
Hang in there, Janelle! I absolutely sympathize because the naughty little things young kids do really ADD UP (especially when you're sleep-deprived) and, even though they may not seem like a big deal to other people, they can be absolutely maddening to you as the parent. Just keep reminding yourself that this stage won't last forever (I have to do this constantly with Lincoln). Just hang in there and things will ease up before you know it!
Oh, man! I hate days like that, especially when there are several of them in a row. Hopefully things get better pronto!!
STINKY! Oh how I understand this though--I have vivid memories of just after I had Kaden (Jenna was barely 2) and my home teachers came by right after I realized that Jenna was COVERED in sunscreen from head to do, and had somehow squeezed desitin all over in that too--while I was cleaning up the giant bag of flour that she dumped out.
Hang in there--- :) big hugs!
Oh sister! I am sorry! That's really great of you to document the suckiness but then document the not so sucky...way to have a good attitude! Blogging about it somehow diffuses the anger/frustration...at least until the next thing happens.:) I feel your pain & feel like so much money has been wasted in make-up, chapstick, food, cleaner, liquid soaps, water from the children...it's like you watch the $ disappear! I hope it's gotten better for you since! I was thinking about the library today but was too tired & had to run errands. Maybe next week?
I feel ya.
I'm sorry things have been so rough. I hopethis weeks goes better for you.
WOW! It's a good thing she's so cute.
Post a Comment