Friday, May 20, 2011

Julie-isms

Some recent Julie-isms. I usually post these on Facebook as quick status updates, but there have been some cute ones recently, and I know that grandparents and great-grandparents don't see them on Facebook, so I thought I'd share here, too.

May 18:
I've been hearing thunder for the last 20-30 minutes or so, very slowly moving closer to the house. In the last couple of minutes, there have been two loud(ish) cracks much closer. Each time, Julie gasps, looks at me, and gets a huge grin on her face. It's fun.

May 16:
Julie has moved into a new phase. It's the "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom" phase. So far, I actually enjoy it, but that's because she's only been calling me by name for about two months.

May 14:
On our way back from dropping Ben off for a campout this morning:

Me: "Are we going to have fun today, just Mama and Julie?"
Julie: "NO!"

May 11:
Well that was fun...I just started my morning off with a call to poison control. Julie was up before me this morning (as usual), and decided that it was a good morning to open the pantry (which is locked) by pulling hard enough that the lock just comes off the wall (she discovered this about a week ago), and climbing six shelves up to the top to get my Vitamin D gummies, and then eating half the bottle -- about 75,000-80,000 units worth. Poison Control, fortunately, said that she shouldn't have any symptoms from it, though.

April 27:
We stopped at Target today and came home with a Leaptop. The smaller handhelds are what Julie has tried to play with at people's houses, but they're way too advanced for her still. We got her one that focuses on learning the alphabet, has music, and does animal sounds. So far, she loves it. She opens it, turns it on, it says, "Hi!" and she answers right back: "Hi!"

April 13:
I just gave Julie peanut butter on her celery for the first time -- she loved it. I had some, too, for probably the first time since kindergarten.

April 8:
Me: I keep forgetting to tell you this. Two nights ago, around bedtime, Julie had her little plastic pliers. She kept opening and closing them around her hair, like in a cutting motion. I didn't dare say the word 'cut' and I think I may have even cut Brandon off abruptly when he started to. I took her up to bed, and as I laid her down to change into her jammies, she opened and closed them around my hair, and said "cut hair." We're in trouble.

Ben: It looks like I shot myself in the foot by taking her to see Tangled

Me: I'm not sure how much it has to do with Tangled -- this is the age when kids start to think about cutting their hair. But it could be Tangled -- she's been talking about hair a lot more lately than she did before.

1 comment:

JerieH said...

So cute! I love how she says Hi to the leap frog. Lilly always says Hello when she hears a phone ring. It doesn't matter if it is mine, kurt's, of Walmart's department line. She says it for every ring too....
Hello... Hello... HELLO!