Mom sent a bunch of stuff with him for me -- a volume of my scrapbook that she still had, a few old afghans made by various relatives, as well as a rather large and cumbersome item:
It's....
A sewing machine!! Yay!!! Okay, so I knew that Mom was sending this to me. She told me a month or so ago that someone in her ward was getting rid of it (for some reason unrelated to the functionality of the machine -- it apparently works fine), and so Mom had it cleaned and oiled (thanks Karla!!) and sent it to me with Dad. Dad carried it with great trepidation and more than a little unease, hoping that it would make it to me in once piece. Fortunately, it did. Mom packed the afghans around it, and the machine somehow survived the sketchy service known as airport baggage handling.
Now, if only I could figure out how to use it...
Good thing it came with a manual!
(Okay, I'm not THAT bad...I know the basics. I just need to figure out the buttons and knobs on this particular model, as it's different from my mom's, my mother-in-law's, and probably from those I used in my 7th grade sewing class, which I don't remember anyway!)
No comments:
Post a Comment