Friday, September 14, 2007

Sundry-isms

For as long and slow as each day this week has been, the week itself has actually gone by pretty quickly, which is strange.

Ben will be gone this weekend from early Saturday morning to sometime Sunday evening at a Boy Scout campout (which he is really excited about), so I’ll be by myself. I’m going to have a small Girl’s Night at my house on Saturday. I think it should be fun.

I have plain white (very plain) cupboards in my kitchen, and they’re kind-of boring and very sterile-looking. My mother-in-law suggested I paint something on it to liven things up a little. I thought, “That’s great, but what? I’m not artistic.” I was at Joann’s the other day (we have a Joann’s superstore here – it’s huge) and I found a couple of really cute stencils, so I picked them up with a small bottle of black acrylic paint. I tried to find a red that would match the stuff I have, and that wouldn’t clash with the dark red in my dining room, but couldn’t fund one. Then it occurred to me that I have a can of red paint in the basement leftover from the dining room (courtesy of the previous owners of my house). So I’ve got to make a design plan and then start painting my cupboards. Should be fun.

My dad’s coming to visit next week! I’m really excited. He has to travel to Cleveland from time to time on business, and this is the first time he’s coming since Ben and I moved out here. So he’ll get to see my house, and I get to make dinner for him. I’m excited.

I started this blog with great intentions, but I unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) don’t have a very exciting life at the moment, so I don’t find myself having a lot to write about. I’ll keep at it though. what I find myself wanting to write about most is cooking, but it’s probably boring to most people.

More when I think of it.

No comments: