Everyone told me that they loved their second trimester. It was the best time of their pregnancy. They had more energy, more appetite, and could feel the baby moving. The finally started to look pregnant instead of just “filling out.” And so I looked forward to it, too.
I don’t like it. I had a fairly uneventful first trimester. I didn’t get sick once. I was exhausted many days, and had some nausea and food aversions, but that was about it. Now, however, I am dealing with constipation, gas, flatulence, burping (which I never did before I was pregnant), muscle aches and pains, headaches, acne, gagging on my toothbrush or phlegm in the morning, and in the last two days I have almost thrown up three times (or was at least closer to it than ever in my first trimester). Sure I can eat more than before, but only sort-of. In my first trimester, I had food aversions. I could smell something, and know that I shouldn’t eat it because it wouldn’t agree with me. Or sometimes, when I was eating, I’d be chewing a bite and just know it was my last bite. Now, I’m hungry much more frequently, but I have to eat much slower (I’m not sure why), and I don’t find out that a food doesn’t agree with me until after I’ve eaten it, and I don’t feel well. I know I’m supposed to be drinking more water, but I just can’t get it down.
I haven’t felt the baby move yet (that I know of), but I’m only 18 weeks. I find out on December 27th if it’s a boy or girl. I have lost about 15-20 pounds since I got pregnant, and now have to wear a belt with pants that have fit fine for over a year, but my shape is starting to change finally. The waistband on my underwear is feeling tighter (and starting to be uncomfortable), but they’re the same underwear I’ve been wearing with the pants that need a belt. I don’t get it. I can wear a few of my maternity tops at this point, but the pants all still feel and look huge on me.
I don’t normally like to complain. I used to, but then I learned that (1) it doesn’t do any good, and (2) it just annoys everyone around me. I just need to send this out there and let it be. I apologize if it’s way more information that any of you wanted to know. It’s just not been a good week. Monday I went home sick around lunchtime, and slept a good part of the afternoon. Yesterday I didn’t go to work at all. Today I’m at work, not feeling as miserable as I was yesterday, but still wishing I wasn’t here.
4 comments:
I always compare actually putting on the maternity clothes to coming out of the closet. Once you take that step, the whole world knows. It's a bummer that your feeling lousy, I never experienced that whole "great 2nd trimester" thing either. Hang in there because over the next few months you are really going to be hanging out there and the comfort issues get worse and worse.
By the way, I'll be tuning in on the 27th to find out the sex.
I hear ya, sister!!! Pregnancy is definitely NOT for wimps! Good thing the final product is well worth it!
Summer
oh, I'm sorry to hear about your crappy week. I'm hoping tomorrow is better...it usually is. :)
Post a Comment