Saturday, December 8, 2007

Say cheese!

I have to take a quick minute to publicly thank my grandmother. She reads this blog very regularly. I picked up the mail today and found a small package from her, about 7"x4"x4", wrapped in brown paper and a lot of tape. At first I thought it might be a Christmas gift, and I almost stuck it under our tree. On second thought, however, I occasionally get packages from Gra'ma without any particular occasion being involved. I decided to open it, and if it was a Christmas package, it would likely be wrapped in wrapping paper underneath, at which point I would stick it under the tree. I'm really glad I opened it. My grandma sent me a block of Tillamook cheese! (If you don't know why this would be significant, click here.) An 8 oz. block of Tillamook Medium Cheddar Cheese and a bag of pre-shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend. All I could do was laugh. I laughed for about a full minute. It was such a thoughtful gesture, and it completely made my day. Ben is camping with the Boy Scouts this weekend, and I always get bored and/or lonely when he's gone, so this really cheered up my day.

Thanks, Gra'ma!!

1 comment:

montanawildflower said...

Janelle...guess what Costco carries? Tillamook cheese!!! In blocks, in a variety of flavors and in a combination pack. And seeing the cheese there the other day made me remember that they have it year round. So....if you guys don't have a Costco membership, let me know when you run out of the block your grandma sent and we can replenish your supply. :)