Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring break 2009, part 1: A basic overview

Julie and I have been out of town for a week, hence the blagging (blog = lagging = blagging) on here. We went to visit Ben's parents in Indiana for a week, along with our sister-in-law Bre, who came up with her kids for a few days while they were on Spring Break. It was a very busy and fun week, albeit loud at times.

I apologize in advance for only haven taken about a million pictures while I was gone, so I really don't have many to share with you. Actually, I took almost 200 photos just during this trip. There WILL be an abundance of pictures in this post.

Daddy saw us off on Sunday afternoon:

Julie playing with her cousin Sam and his toys:
Cousin Molly was very involved with Julie the whole time she was there. I think Molly was excited to have another girl around, even if Julie isn't very interactive yet. Molly was great with her, though.

Tuesday night we all went bowling. G'ma, Grumpa, me, Eli (9), Gibby(9), Molly (6), Brandon (6), and Joey(5) all played. I bowled a 63. No, that's not a typo. It shouldn't say 263 or even 163. Just 63. All of my nieces and nephews beat my score. Granted, they all had bumpers and help from G'ma and Grumpa, but they all beat me. I know I'm no good at bowling, but I love it anyway because it's just so much fun. Brandon even bowled a strike:

On Wednesday, we went to the Louisville Science Center, which is aptly named with the absence of the word "museum" in its title. The place was not so much museum as it was semi (but not so much)-organized chaos. It's in an old refurbished building in downtown Louisville, which has no insulation to absorb noise. It's concrete and glass, and so loud inside, especially during Spring Break. Julie took a good nap on the way over, so she was happy when we went inside, thus tolerating the noise surprisingly well for about 3 hours before she started to lose it. She such a little ham!:

On the way home (and for those of you paying attention, yes that is the same outfit she wore when we drove down...ironically):

No comments: