Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring break 2009, part 3: Adventures in Kittyland

All week long, this was the story. Julie chasing after Tag, better known as "ditty," "tiddy," or any variation thereof. Even as I type this, she's sitting on my lap looking at the picture and saying it.

I gotta say, Tag was so good with her. Sometimes he would come up to her, surprisingly. There was one time when he was sitting by the back door, really wanting to be let out (but not being let out), and Julie followed him over there. He just sat there while she petted him. Her version of petting, by the way, is more of a gentle grab than a smooth, continuous motion. I didn't actually see this encounter (I really wish I had), but Grumpa told me about it.

All week I was worried that Julie was going to get hold of Tag's tail and just grab. I think she's a little young to try that one yet, luckily.


Off in pursuit!

This was Gretel, Dave and Erin Crowley's cat. We stopped to visit with them in Cincinnati on both legs of our trip. Gretel's not what you'd call a "people act." She's very reclusive. And she definitely didn't like Julie. In fact, Julie earned a hiss at each visit. During breakfast on Monday morning, however, Julie found that Gretel was up on the counter eating, so she just camped out on the floor in front of her. Gretel was not very amused.

I took several videos of Julie interacting with the kitties all week long, mostly for Ben's benefit. I compiled them all into one montage called Adventures in Kittyland. Enjoy!

1 comment:

JerieH said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Jacob keeps trying to get Ginny to chase him, but so far it has been a no-go.