December 2012
We built and decorated a gingerbread house -- my first time ever, and hopefully my last. My hands were cramped for days afterward! We started going to mini model building workshops at our local LEGO store. I weaned Robyn, after she bit me so hard one night that she drew blood! We had a really great tree, and put our nativity on the new piano. I made TARDIS ornaments out of salt dough, and painted them. The world didn't end. We visited my parents for Christmas. Ben and I went to Maine for a couple of days. By ourselves. Without kids. For our anniversary. First non-kid trip ever! Well, since we had kids. Sometime this month, Robyn discovered Ben's existence. She'd always been a mama's girl, which of course I loooved. But sometime in December (maybe November...I'm not sure), she started lovin' on her daddy a little more, which of course he loooved.
Another self-portrait
Cool cat
Hanging birdseed bread, made at school
Our tree!
Sister love
Our gingerbread house
Another ice cream date (more mint chocolate chip)
Christmas wreath
Homemade TARDIS ornaments
Shipyard Brewing Company, in Portland, Maine. We bought a case of root beer and a case of blueberry soda -- both are actually brewed, and not carbonated. Pure cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.
Nutter Road. South Portland, Maine.
January 2013
We drove home on New Year's Day. We came home with lots of cute new clothes, including several matching dresses from my mom. Fortunately, Julie is young enough that she loves being matching with Robyn. I chose a word of the year: DO. Julie went back to school after our long break. We all got sick. We caught a nasty stomach bug -- a norovirus, I think. First Robyn, then me, then Julie. Ben had a day or two of feeling tired and weak, but nothing more. But it had us girls throwing up, having diarrhea, no appetite, weak, sleeping a lot, achy muscles all over, and no energy whatsoever. Robyn lasted about five days, I lasted about five days, and Julie lasted about seven or eight, poor girl. She missed a whole week of school, and two birthday parties. Ben started blogging. Robyn's hair got long enough to put in a ponytail! Ben and I started dating again. For Christmas I gave him a year of dates -- one planned date per month. January was fondue night at home. I watched a webinar given by the author of Right-Brain Business Plan and felt very motivated to create my own (but in typical "me" fashion, haven't yet followed through). Robyn began walking with help, holding our hands.
Developing her own sense of style
LEGO building playdate at the mall with neighbors/friends
Ponytail!!
Better style
Swallowing her toy maraca
Date night
Bath hair
Walking attempts
February 2013
Went went building at Home Depot, as always. Robyn tried to get in on the action this month. We got a surprise package in the mail from a friend who used to be in our ward -- a TARDIS cookie jar!! So fun, so we had to make cookies for it. I found out that a See's Candies shop -- not cart -- was coming to our local mall!! I was so excited, I jumped and clicked my heals in the middle of the food court when I saw the sign. I'm not even joking. We started talking with Julie about Girl Scouts and Kindergarten. After nearly six years of wearing the same pair, I finally got a new prescription and new glasses. Julie got excited for Valentine's Day. I got an award for Valentine's Day. We observed Lent as a family, by choosing to give up meat. We didn't make it the whole time, partly because of visitors and travel. Robyn discovered the stairs, and only fell down them once. Ben and I went on our second date of the year: to see Blue Man Group at Playhouse Square!!! I was sooooooooo excited. It was awesome. We all got haircuts. Well, not Robyn. We went to the temple and visited an old mission buddy of Ben's who lives in Columbus now.
Ready to build. That's not a toy hammer.
Our TARDIS cookie jar
See's! Aaaahhhhh!!!
Stairclimber
Julie as a cookie
My new glasses
How Robyn sleeps. She's particular -- she'll only sleep in her bed, or if she's really tired in the car. You can't rock her to sleep, she won't lay down and take a nap wherever she is. She lays down on her back in her crib, puts her hands under her head, and waits for you to cover her with a blanket. If she's tired in the car, she puts her hands behind her head like this to fall asleep. It's pretty funny.
Valentines!
Getting ready for my big date.
Rockin' out! I did not pose her for this.






























No comments:
Post a Comment