September 2012
Robyn was blessed and we went to the Great Lakes Science Center, both over Labor Day weekend. We visited the Greater Cleveland Aquarium a few times, including on International Talk Like A Pirate Day. Benjamin even came with us once. Julie started preschool, the "real" kind, not the mom-run kind. Julie also did soccer, which entailed sitting and crying on my or Ben's laps for an hour because other kids didn't let her get the ball.
Robyn in her blessing dress.
Olive fingers!
Robyn is not impressed.
Sweet girl, waiting for a checkup with the doctor.
Daddy came with us to the GCA.
Jellyfish!!
Another visit to the GCA a few days later for pirate day.
First day of soccer
Doctor Julie.
Ben gave me these pearl earrings as a wedding gift. My earlobes got infected about six weeks after we got married, and I never had a chance to wear them, until almost seven years later. I feel a little giddy and twitterpated when I do get to wear them
October 2012
Robyn started to become more fun. She became interactive, deliberately comical, and much more responsive than ever before. We had a Halloween party at church, with a costume parade that Julie participated in. Halloween was also delayed a few days because of a huge snowstorm. (The cities around here have specific trick-or-treating hours, so they all rescheduled.)
Mountain girl
Bathtime fun
Twinners (we planned this picture back in July, but then we were each out of town for different reasons for almost two months before we were able to do it!)
I did a really deep de-cluttering in the basement and a couple other areas in the house. Every time I found a hair decoration, I put it in my own hair.
More bathtime fun! (Glowstick bracelets + turn out the lights!)
Dinner at a local pizza place for a fundraiser for Julie's school.
Costume parade
What the girls wore on Halloween
November 2012
Julie moved up to a booster seat in preparation for Robyn to graduate out of her infant carrier. Election day. Ben wore a tuxedo for an event that only required jeans (he did it on purpose). We went to a bar mitzvah celebration for one of Ben's scouts. We got to eat, chat, bowl, and play whirlyball in the court that wasn't being used. Robyn turned one and we did absolutely nothing to celebrate. We skipped stake conference one Sunday and went for a family hike instead. I went out to dinner with some girlfriends to celebrate one of their birthdays only to find out that it was also for my birthday. Julie got her very first LEGOs and immediately fell in love with them (as did Benjamin). We celebrated Thanksgiving with some friends. We got our first snow. We had a quick overnight visit from Grammy and my sister (Auntie Candice). Probably most exciting was that we got a piano!!
Not a very helpful picture, but Robyn was a skunk for Halloween.
The Halloween haul.
Election day -- patriotic colors!
Julie took a nap in the chair, and Robyn was rocking her.
Whirlyball
Bowling
Robyn, on her birthday, wearing the dress I wore when I was blessed as a baby.
Thanksgiving food, including a lemon cheesecake that I made!!
Silliness!
Pruny feet
Just chillin'
Sistersbutnottwins
Our piano!!!










































No comments:
Post a Comment