Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Mmmm...cheese!

If you've ever lived in the Pacific Northwest, or even as far east as Utah, you may be familiar with Tillamook cheese. If you've ever lived in Oregon, there's a good chance you've toured the Tillamook Cheese Factory. I have lived in Oregon, and have toured the factory many times. Somehow, I always ended up being there when the machines weren't actually going, so I just got to see the place and sample the cheeses. Oh, and the ice cream! Since leaving the west coast, I've missed Tillamook cheese, and most places I've lived since Oregon, no one has even heard of it.

Well, I found it on Monday.

That's right, I found Tillamook cheese at Giant Eagle on Monday while I was doing my grocery shopping. It was fun to be able to find it. What wasn't fun was to turn it over and find a sticker on the back labeling it $10.99/lb. The tiny 8 oz. block I was holding in my hand was over $6! See, I was looking in the special cheese section for a specific kind of cheese for a recipe I have (I didn't find that cheese, by the way -- who can find Mexican cheeses in Ohio?).

But it was great to find it and see it again. I miss Tillamook cheese (and ice cream).

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ahh Amen sista! I Looooove Tillamook. Have you been to the factory in Oregon? It's great. Mmmmmm.

Janelle said...

You must be placenta-braining. Re-read the entry, and you'll answer your own question. :) By the way, I didn't know you had a blog. I started to look at it, then realized I've already seen all the pictures anyway!