Sunday, December 9, 2007

Pop quiz!

I love Christmas music. I know everyone says that, but I really do. I like fun stuff, classic stuff, new stuff, original stuff, and hard-to-find stuff. Last year I came across a list of Christmas carols that had been "re-named" in technical legal-ese type language. It was a quiz to see how many you could figure out. It's not too hard, and it's fun. The list is re-printed below for your enjoyment. I'll post the answers toward the end of the week.

  1. Move Hither the Entire Assembly of Those Who Are Loyal in Their Belief

  2. Embellish Interior Passageways

  3. Vertically Challenged Adolescent Percussionist

  4. First Person Singular Experiencing An Hallucinatory Phenomenon of a Natal Celebration Devoid of Color

  5. Soundless Nocturnal Period

  6. Majestic Triplet Referred to in the First Person Plural

  7. The Yuletide Occurrence Preceding All Others

  8. Precious Metal Musical Devices

  9. Omnipotent Supreme Being Elicit Respite to Ecstatic Distinguished Males

  10. Caribou with Vermilion Olfactory Appendage

  11. Allow Crystalline Formations to Descend

  12. Jovial Yuletide Desired for the Second Person Singular or Plural by the First Person Plural

  13. Commence Auditory Reception the Announcing Cherubs Vocalize

  14. Kris Kringle Will Be Arriving in the City in the Not Too Distant Future

  15. Bipedal Traveling Through an Amazing Acreage During the Period Between December 21st and March 21st in the Northern Hemisphere

  16. Its Arrival Occurred at Twelve O'Clock During a Clement Nocturnal Period

  17. Exclamatory Remark Concerning a Diminutive Municipality in Judea Southwest of Jerusalem


Good luck, and have fun!!

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Hi Janelle! This was a fun quiz! I totally beat Bryan! He missed two and I got them all right! HeHeHe! Merry Christmas!
Summer

Yonker Family said...

OK, so Travis and I did this together, it was a lot of fun. We got them all pretty easily, with the exception of #9. I anxiously await the answers.