Monday, March 24, 2008

Baby shower pictures

I finally got a few pictures from the baby shower last week. There were probably 15-20 people there, and lots of yummy food! Here's the cake:

And some of the rest of the spread. The item at the top of the picture (or the back of the table, however you look at it), was really good -- turtle brownies!

More of the spread. The item in the lower left-hand corner was a bit of a mystery for a few minutes. It was a hot dip/spread, that we couldn't decipher just by smelling it (despite my current superhuman smelling capabilities). The hostess then told us it was a roasted eggplant, pepper, and onion dip. It was really really good.

The whole table, including Sarah's homemade centerpiece of fake cherry blossoms glued onto a real branch (she's amazing!).

A couple pictures of the whole group (or as many as were there at that moment):

Opening one of my gifts, with Sarah (the fabulous hostess-with-the-mostest) sitting next to me.

And now just a bunch of pictures of everyone goofing off and having fun!

(Melanie, Mary, Marilyn, and Kaleena)

(Hollie, Stacey, and Debbie)

(Debbie and Summer)


(Amanda and Sara)

(Rachel and Carissa)

For the recipes for the turtle brownies and the eggplant dip, click here.

5 comments:

Summer said...

Your shower was great! I had so much fun (and it didn't hurt that the food was incredible!)

Carissa Poyfair said...

Your shower was awesome and I had a lot of fun. The food and games were amazing... now you just need to have that baby!

Jeannie Young said...

It sounds like you had a great baby shower! Thanks for the link to the recipes, I'll have to try them.

Rachel said...

I had so much fun that night! Yummy food too. I am definitely getting the recipe for those turtle brownies! It was great to celebrate you and your little Julie!

Kat said...

It looks like a lot of fun. I wish I could have been there. Having my sisters come that day was a lot more complicated than I thought it would be. Lily loves looking at your pictures. She keeps yelling at me every time I put her down.