This is the nursery "before" -- it's a really weird greenish-grayish sort of color.
Then Ben got tired of waiting for me to pick a color to paint the room and decided that he was at least going to get it primed. So he cleared everything out, taped up the walls, and started "paint"ing.A few days after he finished priming, I was able to settle on a color for the walls. A week later we actually got the paint.
Ben was so excited that he was finally able to do something to get ready for the baby. He doesn't like to smile for pictures on purpose, but he did here:
He finished painting the room while I was out grocery shopping and was so excited that he called his parents just to brag, since there was no one else around to listen to him.
He actually got to do a lot that week. We had purchased a dresser for the nursery at an unfinished furniture store, so he painted that white while he had the dropcloth out already. He also cleaned up the changing table that my parents saved for us from my siblings, so that's usable now too.And, we finally bought a crib! We're very excited about this -- we finally got one that we both like, we can agree on the price, and it was available in stock in white. This one had previously eluded us twice, so we jumped on it this third time before it became unavailable again. If we check the website tomorrow, we'll probably find that it has.

2 comments:
That is some green! It looks like a color that would take forever to paint so I would be bragging about it too. It will look really cute with some pictures on the walls to break it up a little. I like the crib, nice and neutral. So now that you have an official nursery, you need to come and pick up all the baby stuff I have so I can get it out of my house.
Ben looks really giddy in that pic. Greeeeeeeeen that reminds me of high school when everybody was wearing that color. I am sure it will be very cute with stuff in it, although I still like that color.
Post a Comment