Saturday, April 12, 2008

Weekly highlights

Sunday: the afternoon session of General Conference -- it was really great. By far my favorite this conference, but my favorite in a long time, too.
Monday: I got to go Visiting Teaching in the morning, and spend part of the beautiful day outside. Pasta salad for dinner (super yummy, and nice and cool), and Ben finished staining the new cabinets and drawers in the kitchen (pictures when the project is done...he still has to seal them).

Tuesday: Beautiful weather continues, got to wear capris (cool and comfy). The ginormous snow pile in the backyard finally melted completely!

Wednesday: My daffodils started opening up! (By now lots of them are fully open.)



Thursday: Got to sleep in an hour because I told them I was only going to work a partial-day at work (Friday being my last day anyway).

Friday: Last day of work -- thank heavens! I've enjoyed this job, but I am just so ready to be done working. I had a great "placenta brain" moment, too. I went out for lunch, and when I came back to work, I went in on the first floor of the building (there are only two), and went to the elevator (since it's almost 30 steps to climb to get upstairs). I stepped into the elevator and got confused by the buttons -- I almost pushed "1." There weren't that many to choose from!

Saturday: I got to sleep a lot. It was great!

1 comment:

S. Schuller said...

That's funny about the elevator story. I bet it is so nice to be done with the commitment of having a daily job to report to. Sounds like a great week, pasta salad included!