Sunday, May 4, 2008
Bath time!
Julie's first bath at home was a momentous experience, and one she is probably glad never to remember. Because her cord was still attached, we could only do a sponge bath.
She didn't like being wet but not actually being in the water. The water would hit her skin, and then immediately cool off, leaving her naked and freezing.
What a face this is!
"Oh, what an ordeal!" she says.
"Grammy, save me!"
Her first bath after the cord came off was a much more pleasant experience for all involved. We were able to lay her in the shallow water, so that she could stay warm. She still didn't enjoy the whole thing, but it wasn't nearly as bad as before.
Plus, she was more familiar with her thumb by then.


"What did you guys do to me?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is so beautiful! I remember the first bath at home. How fun! I still can't believe how well you are doing. You make me feel like a whimp! I'm glad you are doing so well.
I love the bath pictures. She is so little. I have pictures similar to these of my mom holding my kids after their first home baths.
Post a Comment