Saturday, June 7, 2008

Weekly highlights

Saturday: My new raincoat came from LL Bean. Yay!! And Ben took the car to fill it up with gas, using our "fuel perks" that we've earned from Giant Eagle (grocery) purchases. We'd never used them before, and a certain amount were expiring today (being the last of the month). Gas was regularly $3.95 at this station, but Ben filled it up for $1.75 a gallon! That was definitely a highlight of the day.

Sunday: I noticed that the grass seed we put in the front yard is already starting to come up! I didn't think it would show up already. Two of my orange lilies popped open today, too, and more of my white ones.


Monday: One of my rose bushes is just about to burst with blooms. I could smell them as I walked out to the car past them.
Tuesday: I got Zithromax!

Wednesday: Julie and I went for a walk this afternoon. It was pretty warm out, but the breeze was really nice. And Ben and I got haircuts this evening (thanks, Stacey!).

Thursday: I finished making a nursing cover-up for when I have to breastfeed in public.

Friday: I worked on a quilting project almost all day, and even figured out how to make a "yo-yo" (not as hard as I thought). And as I watched Julie throughout the day, I noticed that she seemed to be smiling on her her own. She didn't necessarily smile in response to anything, but her happy faces were longer and more sustained than if they were just gas bubbles.

1 comment:

Jeannie Young said...

Your flowers look gorgeous. I'm jealous about the $1.75/gallon gas! It's so expensive here in CT.