It should be noted that for the most part, I really just look at the pictures. I don't really read much of what they actually have to say. I just like to drool over the pictures while I sit here and covet. As such, I don't really have a whole lot to say about any of the sites. Sorry.
The first one I really started with was Hooked on Houses. Sometimes it's the outsides of houses, sometimes it's the insides. Sometimes it's celebrity houses, and the readers guess who's house it is, with the aid of three clues. The answer comes the next day. Sometimes it's a movie house, and we get to guess which movie. Sometimes they put up a series of room photos, and the readers guess which room doesn't belong in the same house as all the rest. Mostly it's just about looking at really nice homes. This was the first post I read on the site, and the home that got me "hooked on houses."
Hooked on Houses had a neat little feature that I enjoy -- movie houses. It's a fun little item every now and then.Okay, next in line is a site I found through reading Hooked on Houses. It's called Lookiloos. Now, this site has several sections. The only one I look at is the "peek of the week." This is the picture (click link for post) that got me hooked there:

Next up is At Home Redesigns. As you can imagine from the name, they deal more with interiors. Decorating, layouts, before and afters, fla market finds (and conversions). Take a gander over there.
There is also The Lettered Cottage. Her blog header reads: The Lettered Cottage: A journey by a girl who loves all things "home." She's got flea market finds, DIY projects, decor, and design consultations.
The Shabby Nest is a blog I've mentioned in the past for crafty projects. I include her here as well because she shows a lot of her home on her blog, and it's great for inspiration (if you're looking for it).
Finally, take a look at This Young House. I've only been checking out TYH for a month or so, but it seems to cover a wide range of topics. The website is maintained by a husband and wife team. They cover home decor as well as home maintenance. Lots of good info over there.
2 comments:
those are fun sites! I love to look at homes, too. I took pictures of homes here that are huge.
There are a lot of beautiful, old, huge homes in Cleveland we love to look at or go walking by. I also love those sites! I'll have to check out This Young House and At HOme REdesigns. Thanks!
Post a Comment