Sunday, January 11, 2009

Milestones, part II

I had started writing the previous post a couple of days ago, and just made a list of things to write about, to be expanded upon later. Apparently I forgot to expand on "animals." I just noticed that it's just sitting there...oops.

On our first trip to Indiana in October, and then again at Thanksgiving, Julie had her first exposure to a cat. My in-laws have "Tag," and Julie found herself looking for him whenever she heard a bell jingling (he's got one around his neck). Over our Christmas trip, she had some exposure to both cats and dogs. She was absolutely fascinated. She was very gentle when we "let" her (helped her and restrained her) pet the cats, and she was just tickled watching the dogs. It has caused us to contemplate getting a cat at some point. The only problem with that is that my mom and sister both have cat allergies, so that could put a damper on visits. But it's still on the back burner.

4 comments:

Candice said...

EEEWWWW!!! cats are gross :P

Peter, Pam, Tristan, and Kaiman said...

I think you sould keep it as a thought. We have a kitty and just love her!

Crys Kaestner said...

Kittens are so much fun and the right kind of cat can minimize allergies. But I'd wait until Julie gets a little older.

Kellie said...

Megan and Jeremy both love and are terrified of cats. It's pretty funny to watch them try to pet a cat and run away at the same time.