Saturday:
- Ben's birthday (Shhhh...don't tell him I told you): good cake!
- Planted petunias in the front yard
- Got a Girls' Night Out with my best friend (without the kids!!) where we went to Borders and Mitchell's (free ice cream!)
- Watched a really terrible movie
- Really great speakers at church
- Julie took a great nap
- Really good friends (from Maine, but living in Cincinnati) came to visit us overnight, which wasn't entirely a surprise, but was unexpected
- Had Omaha steaks for dinner
- Finished aforementioned good cake
- Played games and laughed late into the night with friends
- Watched town Memorial Day parade (Ben was in it with his Boy Scout troop)
- Got basement project started (Ben finished the part he wanted to finish, which was really just the beginning of a whole project)
- Had really yummy black bean chili for lunch that had slow cooked for 10 hours on Sunday
- Ben got two naps
- Went to friend's daughter's first birthday party/barbeque -- laughed and ate a lot
- Filled the memory card on my camera
6 comments:
It was good cake :) What was the terrible movie? Sound like a pretty great LONG weekend!
The movie was Bride Wars. It looked really funny, and I thought "how could you go wrong with Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson?" It was really dumb. It was predictable at the beginning, but then it didn't quite follow what you thought it was going to, but instead of being pleasantly surprised, you're really annoyed because it's just really bad writing for two great actresses.
I heard that movie wasn't very good. I wanted to see it before, but not really too interested now. The last few days sound great! And full of good food!
When I first went to your blog I freaked out thinking I had forgotten Father's Day. Thanks for the jolt to my heart.
Glad to hear that Bride Wars sucked, now maybe I can stop harassing Travis to watch it with me.
Maybe that can be his Father's Day gift from me.
Sounds like you had a fun weekend, I love it when that happens.
Thanks for the tip. I will avoid that one.
Looks like you have been having fun! I really like your blog header picture. Where is this Nutter Rd? That is pretty sweet.
Post a Comment