To start, I made an e-invitation. This was my first attempt at digital scrapbooking, and it was kinda fun. I like how it turned out.

That's a whole lotta presents for one little girl! Mostly it was stuff that she "needed" anyway: new sippy cups, bigger spoons, a couple of big board books, a spring raincoat, new jammies. She sat on Ben's lap and actually got the hang of the paper-ripping thing pretty quickly, but she lost interest even more quickly. (She's not laying on his arm, but rather trying to squirm away.)
If you recall, Ben is not the biggest proponent of sweets. We did in fact end up getting Julie a slightly oversized blueberry muffin for her birthday. I really wanted the messy cake-face pictures, so I also bought a tub of frosting and spread a little on the top. We compromised (and by that I mean that I was the one doing the grocery shopping so I got to make the final decision). We sang to Julie, and at the end of the song, her friend Jacob "helped" her blow the candle out (before we could get a picture with the lit flame). Then we gave her the muffin and let her have at it.
It was very boring. So I quartered it, and she still wasn't very interested (it was also already her bedtime, and she was overstimulated with lots of people in the house). Ben accused me of "ruining" the muffin by putting the frosting on it. I took a couple of pictures, then smeared a big dollop of frosting on her cheek and took a couple more. She wasn't very happy with me.
On to the friends! Betsey and Richard came and brought Nora, who is four or five months older than Julie.
Jerie was also there, with Ginny and Jacob.
Finally, we also had Nathan and Kellie, along with Megan, Jeremy, and Emma.
All the kids got along well together, and (thankfully) were more interested in running around the room and/or reading the baby books than in getting into things they should be in or otherwise tearing up the house.
Finally, a Mama and Julie moment.

2 comments:
It was a fun party, even if she didn't eat much muffin!
Happy Birthday Julie!
Post a Comment