Thursday, April 17, 2008

In the words of Deana Carter...

Did I shave my legs for this? Or rather, why and how am I bothering? Seriously, how does a woman who is eight-and-a-half months pregnant shave her legs? I suppose the easy and obvious answer is "she doesn't." But with the warm weather, I'm wanting to wear capris, and I don't want them catching on and pulling on my ugly leg hairs, nor do I want my ugly leg hairs to be visible. I suppose on my 5'3" frame, it should be a moot point anyway, since capris only show my ankles.

Another amusing pregnancy moment from this week: I was making green beans to go with dinner the other night. I got the pot out of the cupboard, put the steamer basket in it, and dumped some frozen green beans in. Then I put it on the stove while the rest of dinner finished cooking. Unfortunately, we didn't end up having steamed green beans -- we had a seared pan, since I forgot to put water in it. Oops!

3 comments:

S. Schuller said...

The same green bean thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. I was so mad at myself because it's taken a long time to get the pan back to no black on the bottom. Funny story!

Rachel said...

I love that song! I hate shaving when I am pregnant! I also hate cleaning scorched pans. You gotta love those pregnancy moments! You're getting really close:)

Yonker Family said...

I try to avoid shaving when at all possible, and I'm not even pregnant. It just makes it all that much nicer when I do shave, I mean why shave all the time and ruin the novelty of it. Although the second you find yourself in labor the first thing you're going to want to do is jump in the shower, bathe, and shave your legs in between contractions.